Established in 1953, NCB is the first and the largest bank of Saudi Arabia with 17.1 billion dollars of shareholders’ equity.
NCB, which is also one of the largest banks in the Gulf region, is providing shairah-compliant products and services to its more than 5 million customers through a wide network of 400 branches and more than 8 thousand employees.
Having received “The best bank in Saudi Arabia” award in 2015 and 2016 and being designated as “The best Islamic Bank in Saudi Arabia” by Islamic Finance News in 2015, NCB has always been a leading financial institution. In 2008, NCB made its first overseas investment by acquiring the majority stake in Turkiye Finans which was also one of the leading participation (interest-free) banks in Turkey. As of the first quarter of 2017, NCB has been the major shareholder of Turkiye Finans by holding 67% stake in the bank.
Sustaining its faith in Turkey as always, NCB keeps working hard to advance and expand the participation banking in Turkey.
NCB in numbers:
- Wide service network of 400 branches
- More than 5 million customers
- More than 8 thousand employees
- 3,432 ATMs
- Customer transactions 96% of which have been fulfilled through alternative distribution channels
- 148 Remittance centers (Quick Pay, fast money transfer to 198 countries)
Financials (by the end of 2017):
- One of the largest banks in Gulf region with 5.3 billion dollars of paid-in capital
- 118 billion dollars of total assets
- 2.6 billion dollars of net income
- 17.1 billion dollars of shareholders’ equity
- 1.26 dollars of earnings per share
- With the leading financial institutions of Saudi Arabia merging their power, NCB was established in 1953 as the first and the largest bank in Saudi Arabia
- For the first time In 1979, NCB introduced a lot of shariah-compliant products and services such as credit cards and ATM machines
- In 1999, the Saudi government acquired the majority stake and NCB became the largest state bank in Saudi Arabia
- In 2014, NCB offered 25% of its shares for public subscription, marking the beginning of another new era in which the bank provides investors with the opportunity to participate in its expansion