No transactions can be performed without an address confirmation certificate pursuant to the Regulation on Measures regarding the Law numbered 5549 on Prevention of Laundering Proceeds of Crime.
- Those customers who have opened an account with our bank until 01.04.2008 are obliged to submit the documents verifying their addresses to our bank until 01.09.2009,
- Those customers who have opened an account with our bank on or after 01.04.2008 are obliged to submit the documents verifying their addresses to our bank the latest on the date of their first transaction.
The following documents may be used for address confirmation:
- Certificate of residence
- Bills regarding services which require subscription such as electricity, water, natural gas or telephone, issued in the name of the customer, within the last three months (including electronic bills which can be proven by the incumbent to be issued by the respective institution)
- A document issued by any public institution, indicating the address of the customer Lists maintained by institutions in the capacity of public bodies such as BEDAŞ and ASKİ or telecommunications companies which provide telephone subscription services, containing addresses of subscribers, provided that they include information regarding the last three months
- Bills for services which require subscription such as electricity, water, natural gas or telephone issued in the name of third persons, within the last three months, provided that a document indicating the relationship between the bill holder and the customer is submitted
- Bills for services which require subscription such as electricity, water, natural gas or telephone issued in the name of their parents, within the last three months, for adults who reside with their parents
- A letter to be issued by the educational institutions to which they attend or by the hostels they are accommodated at, indicating their address, for adults who live in hostels Document indicating that the notice was served to the customer personally in case a notice is served to the address of the customer through reply paid mail
- The delivery report for credit cards, indicating that the customer was personally present at the address declared by the customer, for banks
- Report indicating that deliveries made by incumbents to their customers were received by the respective customer personally at the declared address.
It is not required for the originals or notarized copies of the above mentioned documents to be submitted, where legible copies or electronic images thereof shall be accepted as valid documents.
It is not mandatory for the customer to deliver the said documents personally, where it is possible to for such documents to be delivered by someone else or through mail, fax or e-mail. We hereby kindly request you to contact our bank to complete your information and documents within the time frame provided here above, which is of utmost importance to prevent any interruption in your transactions.
Note: For business relations through acceptance of customers collectively, established either before or after 01/04/2008, it will be adequate for confirmation of the employees, if the names of the persons who will receive their salaries from the bank together with the full address of the respective institution are notified to the bank by those persons who are listed under paragraph 2.2.3 of the General Communiqué serial number 5 as issued by the Financial Crimes Investigation Board.