Points you should consider for your own security in using ATMs
- When setting your pass code, take care that it does not contain your personal information such as your telephone number, birth date, etc. easily guessable by others, or consist of the same or sequential numbers (2222, 4567, etc.).
- Do not let others see your pass code or tell it to no person.
- Do not write and keep your pass code on your card or any paper.
- Remember that, as the card holder, you are solely responsible for your pass code.
- Get help from strictly no person and do not the leave ATM when making transactions.
- Remember that even your Bank does not need to know your password–for any reason whatsoever.
- If your password becomes known to others, if your card is lost/stolen, or if you doubt an extraordinary condition, call 0850 222 22 44 for Customer Services, which is operational 365 days a year/24 hours a day, or apply to your branch without unnecessary delay after completing your transaction. When doing so, avoid using the telephone of any person you do not recognize.